Terms and Conditions
- Stands are offered on an application and approval basis.
- Applications are assessed by the Festival Board to ensure a fair representation of quality and products/services, the Festival organisers reserve the right to refuse trade stand applications.
- All stand holders must supply, before the Festival weekend, copies of valid public liability insurance and risk assessments and, in the cast of food providers, a valid hygiene certificate.
- Anyone exceeding the size of the pitch paid for, will be asked to restrict their space or pay the additional fee.
- Assessments by Festival staff will be carried out prior to opening each day and any stall deemed to present a risk to the public, staff, volunteers or participants will be removed.
- Generators are not permitted, except by previous agreement with Festival organisers.
- Stand holders are solely responsible for removal of any rubbish and for cleaning their stand area to its original condition. Where remedial work is required stand holders will be charged for clear up.
- Stalls can be set up Friday evening from 4 pm or Saturday from 6.30 am, depending on location.
Vehicles (except those that constitute a stand) must be removed from the High Street/Willow Walk by 9am, traffic is not then permitted access until 5pm.
- History Festival displays on The Square, Minster Green and Willow Walk will have overnight security but we advise all stallholders to remove stock and valuables, Festival organisers accept no liability for lost, damaged or stolen property/goods.
- Sleeping in stands is not permitted and will result in the immediate removal of a stand. Details of nearby camping sites are provided on the festival website.
- Stand holders are responsible for the health and safety of the general public, themselves and their staff/volunteers and must co-operate with History Festival organisers and staff at all times.
- Priority will be given to food providers who are BID Levy payers, and who can comply with WHFL Environmental policy to reduce single use plastics and unnecessary waste.
- Stand holders must provide their own gazebos, tables and chairs.
- Festival trading times are 9am - 5pm Saturday 18th July 2020 (first hour, 9am to 10am, is particularly for visitors with special needs) and 10am – 5pm on Sunday 19th July 2020.
- The event is primarily outdoor and will go ahead in all but the most extreme weather conditions.
- There is no electricity provision and no access to Wi-Fi, stand holders wishing to take payment electronically will need to do this through their own mobile device networks.
- WHF 2020 is a living history event celebrating the Georgian era, any stall holder willing to sell items linked to this period or to dress in period costume will be given a prime location.
- Application Process
- Apply using the Application Form
- If accepted you will be sent a quote for a pitch at a particular location
- To Accept the Quote click the "Accept" Button, otherwise the "Decline" button.
- You will be asked to pay a Deposit by bank transfer
- A few days after you have paid the deposit you will get an invoice saying deposit paid.
- A couple of months before the festival you will be asked to pay the balance (this works in the same way as the deposit).
- You will be sent detailed pitch location and setup instructions nearer the time.
- Make sure you have uploaded all the relevant insurance, Risk Assessment and other necessary documents.
- Have a good festival